UPDATE: Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
On March 25, 2020, the Canadian Federal Government released an UPDATE on Canada’s Economic Response Plan. A new Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) has been announced which will replace the previously announced Emergency Care Benefit and Emergency Support Benefit. The CERB:
- Will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 per month for workers who lose their income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Covers Canadians who have lost their job, are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19, as well as working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children who are sick or at home because of school and daycare closures.
- Applies to wage earners, as well as contract workers and self-employed individuals who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance (EI). Workers who are still employed, but not receiving income because of disruptions to their work situation due to COVID-10 would also qualify for the CERB.
Professional services firms, including Davis Martindale, have been considered essential services. Rest assured, we will continue to service and support you during this time and will continue to help keep our staff, clients and the community safe by requiring all communication and exchange of documents to occur electronically. We are fortunate to have a range of electronic tools at our disposal, including our secure portal, apps and electronic templates, which should ensure a smooth transition. And as always, we are here to help.
Secure Online Portal
Securely share your files with ease using our portal.
- Refer to our portal guide for user-friendly instructions.
- If you require a portal log-in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an account set-up for you.
Make use of these tools to manage your files before uploading to the portal:
- Resources to help convert photos and documents to PDF’s:
- Use our Excel Business Income Bookkeeping template to summarize your business expenses.
- Bank Statement Downloading: your bank offers the ability to download PDF’s of your statements directly from the website without the need for additional software.
Communicate With Us
We are fully prepared to serve and support our clients remotely with:
- Online meetings: We would be happy to arrange an online meeting through Zoom with you, or a telephone call at your convenience. This can be arranged through your Davis Martindale contact or through email: email@example.com.
- Conference calls: This can be arranged through your Davis Martindale contact or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments can be made via:
- Online payment
- Credit card (call 519-673-3141)
- Mail cheque
You can be confident in Davis Martindale’s commitment to you, our valued client and that we will continue to provide the high-quality service to which you are accustomed. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our team through email at email@example.com.