Justin Hoffman joined Davis Martindale in 2012. He is a specialist in cross-border Canada-U.S. tax, international tax and estate planning. Justin’s practice focuses on developing innovative solutions to tax and estate planning needs of individuals and businesses working and living in Canada and abroad.
His excellence in the areas of financial, tax and estate planning have been demonstrated by his nomination as a finalist for Young Practitioner of the Year at the 2016 International STEP Private Client Awards. In 2019, Justin was awarded Top 20 Under 40, recognizing his success and innovation in advising professionals from around the world on the complexities of international business and taxation.
Justin is a strong believer in the importance of maintaining a strong community of tax professionals in Canada. He routinely presents at seminars for the accounting and legal community and supports the next generation through teaching Canadian income tax at Kings University in London, ON.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- In-Depth Tax (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- International In-Depth Tax
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant – CPA (Illinois)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
- Law of Trusts, Taxation of Trusts and Estate, Trust Administration, Trust and Estate Planning, STEP Canada
- BCom, Accounting and Economics, University of Alberta
Awards & Other Experience
- Top 20 Under 40 2019 Award Recipient
- Finalist for STEP Young Practitioner of the Year (2016)
- Gerald W. Owen Book Prize for Top Standing in the STEP Diploma Program
- Highest Mark on the Taxation of Trusts and Estates Diploma
- Highest Mark on the Law of Trusts Diploma
- 2018 Volunteer of the Year, STEP Southwestern Ontario
- 2005 Governor General’s Academic Medal
Justin is a Board Member for STEP Southwestern Ontario and an FPSC Volunteer Exam Grader for the CFP Exam.
Justin is a scotch drinking, pipe-smoking, armchair philosopher with a keen interest in world history and classic literature. He is also a woodworking hobbyist and family man with three small children.