- Canadian Tax
- Estates & Trusts
- Immigration & Emigration
- Acquisition, Merger & Divestiture Tax Structuring
- Succession Planning for Family-Owned Businesses
- Corporate Restructuring
Brenda’s career started when she joined Davis Martindale LLP after graduating from Western University. After a long absence, spending 17 years as a member of a global firm’s tax practice, and 6 years in her own tax consulting practice, Brenda came full circle, and merged her practice with Davis Martindale LLP in March 2017.
Brenda’s practice focuses on providing tax planning and consulting advice to owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, and estates and trusts. This advice includes tax minimization and wealth preservation; reorganizations, acquisitions and divestitures. She works closely with her clients’ other advisors in the areas of will, probate, disability, charitable and insurance planning, etc. Brenda also has extensive experience providing tax planning advice to family law lawyers and their clients.
Brenda obtained her Chartered Accountant (now Chartered Professional Accountant) designation in 1992, became a Certified Financial Planner in 1999, and obtained her Trust and Estate Practitioner designation in 2006.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- CICA In-Depth Tax (Part I, II, III, Wealth Preservation Course, Corporate Reorganization Course)
- Certified Financial Planner
- Trust and Estate Practitioner
- BA, Economics, Western University
Awards & Other Experience
- Published in CA Magazine (Nov 2004) – Recent Developments in Personal and Trust Taxation
- Published in Canadian Tax Journal (2005, Vol. 53, Issue No. 3) – Subsection 75(2): The Spoiler
Brenda has a long history of volunteering her time throughout the community. She has been the Treasurer for Lambeth FC Soccer Club, Board Treasurer for the London Regional Children’s Museum, Board President and Treasurer for Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario.
Brenda desires to be an avid runner, but for now, she walks her Goldendoodle, and with her husband, Brad, she “runs” their kids to hockey, soccer, swimming, cheer, school sports and more hockey.
She has a special interest in kids and adults with disabilities.