- Canadian Tax
- Estates & Trusts
- Immigration & Emigration
- Acquisition, Merger & Divestiture Tax Structuring
- Succession Planning for Family-Owned Businesses
- Corporate Restructuring
Mecheliena joined Davis Martindale in 2005 after articling with a national accounting firm. She was invited into the partnership in 2009 and now leads the Tax Group at Davis Martindale. Her practice focuses on providing tax planning strategies to clients in areas such as corporate reorganizations, estate planning, succession planning, and other advanced tax strategies for owner managed businesses.
In 2018, Mecheliena’s leadership and visionary skills were recognized when she was awarded one of London’s Top 20 under 40. At age 29, Mecheliena became a Partner at Davis Martindale and is now leader of our tax group, actively expanding and developing niche markets and value-added services.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- In-Depth Tax (Levels 1, 2 and 3)
- In-depth Corporate Reorganizations
- U.S. Tax for the Canadian Tax Practitioner
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, Wilfred Laurier University
Awards & Other Experience
- Top 20 Under 40 2018 Award Recipient
- Member of STEP London & Southwestern Ontario
- Member of Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member of London Business Women’s Network
Mecheliena is engaged in the community through participation in charity events such as ONERun and supporting her two boys with the London Junior Mustangs football organization. Believing Girl Guides of Canada is a place to foster strong female relationships, she joined together with her daughter as a Leader of a local Sparks unit.
Personally, Mecheliena is an explorer who thrives on seeking new places whether it’s a new hiking path, visiting a new country or taking a new route on a family road trip. As a part of a football family (everyone likes a different team which keeps it interesting), Mecheliena and her husband have an annual trip to visit NFL cities with friends. As the kids get older we look forward to having them as part of the annual tradition.