Submitting your Tax Return during COVID-19
Davis Martindale has adopted “social distancing” in an effort to aid in slowing the spread of the virus. Although our offices are not open to the public, we still remain open for business. Our employees are being supported with secure remote working arrangements and continue to be available to service you during this unprecedented time.
We would like to encourage you to submit your tax information early, to ensure timely completion of your return. At this time we are not able to receive documents in person and request that documents be sent to us electronically, where feasible.
How to deliver your information to us:
- Your tax information can continue to be dropped off in our secure drop box. Please ensure all documents are in a sealed envelope.
- After hours the mail slot is located in the left hand door (towards bottom) of our main entrance.
- All documents are subject to a 72 hour quarantine period for the safety of our team. For a quicker turnaround time please scan and email the documents using the available resources.
- Your tax filings will be sent to you electronically when complete. Please be sure to provide your email address.
Benefits of Filing Early:
Although tax filing and payment deadlines have been extended, there are many benefits to advanced filing:
- Receive your refund sooner
- Access to benefits under GST credit or Canada Child Benefit at the start of 2020-21 benefit year (July 2020-June 2021)
- Early identification of tax owing, yet payment not due until September 1, 2020
We are here for you:
- Online meetings: We would be happy to arrange an online meeting through Zoom with you, or a telephone call at your convenience. This can be arranged through your Davis Martindale contact or by calling reception at (519) 673-3141.
- Conference calls: This can be arranged through your Davis Martindale contact or by calling reception at (519) 673-3141.
- Portal questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-673-3141.
You can be confident in Davis Martindale’s commitment to you, our valued client and that we will continue to provide the high-quality service to which you are accustomed. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our team at (519) 673-3141 or through email at email@example.com.