- Business Valuation & Litigation
- Family Law
- Corporate Commercial Litigation
- Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Strategic Planning
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Dispute Resolution
Ron Martindale is a Chartered Professional Accountant, Licensed Public Accountant, Chartered Business Valuator and is Certified in Financial Forensics.
A Practice leader with Davis Martindale since 1996, the National Valuation Chair of DFK Canada (2008 to 2022) and the International Valuation Services Committee Chair of DFK since 2022. Ron has brought his experience to the judicial system, appearing as an expert witness in the Federal Court, the Ontario Superior Court, the Supreme Court of British Columbia and at the Ontario Energy Board. His practice specializes in valuations and litigation support in the open market including merger and acquisition transactions, and management buyouts as well as in the notional world including shareholder and matrimonial disputes, tax reorganization and loss quantifications.
In 2021, Ron was awarded the CBV Ambassador of the Year Award; the first award of its kind. This prestigious distinction recognized his extraordinary levels of dedication, involvement and initiative to the CBV profession and CBV Institute, his advocacy for the CBV professional and his inspirational impact on the professional excellence of others while significantly impacting the advancement of CBV Institute programs, services and objectives. Ron is active in many sports and has coached his children’s baseball and hockey teams. He has supported the community as a Board Member and Chair of the St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, and Junior Achievement.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA, LPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics from AICPA (CFF)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- B.A.Sc, Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo
Awards & Other Experience
- Awarded 2021 CBV Ambassador of the Year Award
- Member of Middlesex Law Association
- Member of Ontario Expropriation Association
- Advocates Society – Conduct of the Family Law Trial October 2021 – Panelist, Expert Witness
- CICBV Webinar, Feb 2021, Practitioners Tool Kit
- Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario – June 2020 UnConference – Covid-19: Impact on Valuations – One Perspective
- CICBV Webinar, Jan 2020, Beneficial Ownership
- Published in the Money and Family Law Newsletter November 2019 – Accounting for Disposition Costs in Family Law: When to Apply Sengmueller Reports
- Published in Money and Family Law July 2019 – The Basics of Child and Spousal Support, Income for Support Reports
- Published in The Litigator September 2019 – Valuation Consideration for Law Firms and Personal Injury Practices
- Published in Ontario Family Law Reporter August 2017 – Return of the General Practitioners Practice Value
- Davis Martindale Valuation Blog Author
- CICBV Conference, Expert Witnesses in Litigation – Current Issues and Trends – 2017
- Presented at the Middlesex Family Law Conferences each year since 2012
Ron is active in hockey, running and golf and has coached his children’s baseball and hockey teams. He has supported the community as a Board Member and Chair of the St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, and Junior Achievement.