- Business Valuation & Litigation
- Family Law
- Corporate Commercial Litigation
- Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Strategic Planning
- Transaction Advisory Services
Ron Martindale is a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Licensed Public Accountant, Chartered Business Valuator, and is certified in Financial Forensics. He graduated from the University of Waterloo with a BASc. in Chemical Engineering/Management Sciences and continued his studies in the area of accounting, business valuations and financial forensics to pursue his passion of assisting people in their financial affairs.
A practice leader with Davis Martindale since 1996 and the National Valuation Chair of DFK Canada since 2008, Ron has brought his expertise to the judicial system, appearing as an expert witness in the Federal Court, the Ontario Superior Court and at the Ontario Energy Board. His practice specializes in business valuations and litigation support to assist business owners in their pursuit of buying or selling businesses and/or supporting them with the resolution of litigation issues. He has presented many seminars and published articles in the areas of business valuations, income for support, estate and tax planning, and succession planning.
In 2021, Ron was awarded the CBV Ambassador of the Year Award; the first award of it’s kind. This prestigious distinction recognized his extraordinary levels of dedication, involvement and initiative to the CBV profession and CBV Institute, his advocacy for the CBV professional and his inspirational impact on the professional excellence of others while significantly impacting the advancement of CBV Institute programs, services and objectives.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics from AICPA (CFF)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- B.A.Sc, Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo
Awards & Other Experience
- Awarded 2021 CBV Ambassador of the Year Award
- Member of Middlesex Law Association
- Member of Ontario Expropriation Association
- CICBV Webinar, Feb 2021, Practitioners Tool Kit
- Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario – June 2020 UnConference – Covid-19: Impact on Valuations – One Perspective
- CICBV Webinar, Jan 2020, Beneficial Ownership
- Published in the Money and Family Law Newsletter November 2019 – Accounting for Disposition Costs in Family Law: When to Apply Sengmueller Reports
- Published in Money and Family Law July 2019 – The Basics of Child and Spousal Support, Income for Support Reports
- Published in The Litigator September 2019 – Valuation Consideration for Law Firms and Personal Injury Practices
- Published in Ontario Family Law Reporter August 2017 – Return of the General Practitioners Practice Value
- Davis Martindale Valuation Blog Author
- CICBV Conference, Expert Witnesses in Litigation – Current Issues and Trends – 2017
- Presented at the Middlesex Family Law Conferences each year since 2012
Ron is active in hockey, running and golf and has coached his children’s baseball and hockey teams. He has supported the community as a Board Member and Chair of the St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, and Junior Achievement.